RAHAB is fueled by an army of volunteers who give of themselves to see broken women set free.
There are plenty of ways to get plugged into RAHAB Ministries as a volunteer. Some volunteers work directly with the women, while others serve behind the scenes by preparing food, organizing fundraisers or collecting donations. The most important prerequisite for aspiring volunteers is a healthy personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Volunteering in the area of human trafficking must come from an overflow of personal devotion and prayer time. A compassionate heart is a great starting point, but we like our volunteers to go a step further by attending a volunteer orientation, which are held monthly. Street culture is radically different from what most of us are accustomed; we can be best equipped to serve our women by taking time to understand the issues that affect their lives. Volunteers must be Christians whose lives demonstrate a commitment to follow Jesus Christ.
- Pen Pal
- Develop a mentoring/discipling relationship by consistently writing to women in jail.
- Street Ministry/Strip Club Outreach
- Weekly street evangelism/ministry in east Akron. Monthly sweep of all Akron-area strip clubs to create relationships with the dancers by bringing gifts bags, baked goods and prayer.
- RAHAB Drop-In Center
- Prepare and serve meals at weekly program. Supporting/facilitating Bible studies and prayer times.
- Correctional Facility
- Bring the light of Jesus into local correctional facilities through mentoring, fellowship and Bible studies. (Requires background check and federal clearance.)
- Mentoring (Youth/Adult)
- Commit to spending time every week with a minor or adult victim of human trafficking to build a relationship that points them toward Christ.
- Safe House
- Serving in various ways at our residential program for victims of human trafficking. (Requires background check and alternate application.)