Job Title: Staff Accountant
Work Location: Corporate Office
Reports To: Finance Controller
Status: Part Time (up to 20 hours per week)
Reaching Above Hopelessness and Brokenness Ministries, Inc.
RAHAB Ministries strives to share the hope of Jesus Christ with broken and undervalued women, including survivors of human trafficking.
What You Will Do/Need (Job Summary)
To assist the Finance Controller in any and all areas of accounting, including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, donor database management, grant financial reporting, and fund accounting.
Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Responsibilities)
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of vendor bills
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of employee and volunteer reimbursements
- Prepare accurate and timely bank deposits
- Data entry of donor deposits into donor database
- Record online donations timely and accurately
- Work as a team to track restricted funds balance
- Assist controller with grant reporting
- Donor acknowledgement
- Assist in monthly federal grant invoicing
- Assist the controller as needed
- Attend required monthly staff meetings
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required)
- Associate degree in accounting or business
- One year of accounting experience
What Will Make You Special (Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Experience with QuickBooks and/or QuickBooks online
- Intermediate skill level of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Ability to take initiative on a variety of tasks and projects
- Experience or knowledge of fund accounting and fund accounting software
Characteristics of the Position (Competencies)
- Detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ministry minded with a mature and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands of this position are those normal to any office environment, including but not limited to, sitting, standing, kneeling, stooping, crouching, or climbing a step stool.
- Frequently, the employee will be expected to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally, the employee might be expected to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- Part time, flexible position
- No travel is expected for this position
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.