Ways You Can Help
Volunteers make priceless contributions and lower operating costs. A RAHAB volunteer may be the first person to pour into a woman or child’s life without asking for anything in return.
We need advocates in the community and ambassadors to share the RAHAB story. Follow our social media accounts, and spread the word through your networks.
The biggest way you can advocate is to pray. If you pray, pray for Truth to triumph and for Love to win. Pray to know how you may be called to join in God’s story of setting people free. Pray for the work RAHAB is doing and those we get to serve. If you’d like to join RAHAB’s prayer team, please emial [email protected]-ministries.org.
Truth and Love are the keys to ending human trafficking. RAHAB provides cutting-edge, trauma-informed care. Attend a RAHAB sponsored community training or view our online Essentials Training to learn about Human Trafficking 101. For questions on these opportunitie, email [email protected].
Opportunities to Serve
Indirect Care Volunteer Support
Requires litte training or paperwork to serve
- Prayer teams – any area
- Meal team – Drop-Ins, Restorative Housing, Selah’s Place
- Weekly/bi-weekly cleaning team – Selah’s Place
- Fundraising or in-kind donations – any area
- Maintenance and construction – Drop-Ins and Restorative Housing
- Landlords, employers, and car dealership support
Direct Care Volunteer Support
Requires paperwork and specialized training before serving
- Drop-In Center volunteer – Canton, Akron
- Selah’s Place volunteer – Akron, Cleveland
- Strip Club Outreach team member – Canton, Akron, Youngstown, Cleveland
- Street Outreach team member – Canton, Akron, Youngstown
- *Jail Ministries team member – Akron
- Restorative Housing volunteer – Activities or job training presentations
One-on-One Direct Care Volunteer Support
Requires additional paperwork, additional training, and a longer time committment before serving
- *Minor Mentor – Counties: Summit, Stark, Cuyahoga, Mahoning, and Medina
- Adult Mentor / Sponsor – Restorative Housing in Northeast Ohio
*Indicates a HIGH NEED area